Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone

Here I sit on Thanksgiving morning and counting my thanks for a lot of things, most of all, for another day with my family and friends. Latter today, I will go to my parents house, I am thankful that they are both still alive and doing well in their 70's. Once there, we will have a houseful of family and friends to surround us and socialize with, we don't get together nearly often enough. We have a blessing of thousand of calories of food, we all bring a little, that turns into a whole lot. We will have the traditional turkey, ham and everyones favorite sweet potato pie.
After the struggles of this past year, I thank God everyday for another day, for helping me to beat cancer this year and the strides I have made in recovery. I truely am blessed to have another day of feeling good and getting better. Throat cancer treatment is very tough, 8hrs of surgery this past April, to remove my tonsils and lymph nodes, 30 radiation treatments and a port installation for 48 hours of chemotherapy 6 hours at a time. I am blessed to have made it thru and come out on the other side feeling better everyday, happy Thanksgiving.
To everyone out there facing their own struggles, remember the blessings that you have. We are blessed to have this Thanksgiving day to spend time with our family and friends. To see the beauty of the world around us. Happy Thanksgiving.
From me and my family to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment